Meth, boil water notices, High School graduations, the Uvalde school shooting, Top Gun, NASA, Monkeypox, and more in News Wrap Up #1.
- Angela Patrice Ensign was arrested following a traffic stop near W S Young and Terrace Drive, during which meth was discovered in a plastic container along with personal identification inside a bag Ensign was holding.
- A boil water notice is issued effective Wednesday, June 1 at 6 a.m. for residents located on Fowler Ave., Trimmier, 8th St., Carry Cr., and Wells St.
- Gateway middle and high schools are familiar with new Principal Sharita Herrara. She has been serving as interim principal at both campuses and served as assistant principal at the high school campus since 2020.
- KISD officials announced Sharita Herrara will be taking of over as the new principal at Gateway High School.
- 570 Shoemaker High School seniors graduated Friday.
- 396 seniors graduated from Killeen High School.
- 450 seniors from Copperas Cove High School graduated.
- According to family, the husband of a teacher that was killed during the school shooting in Uvalde, died of a heart attack.
- The Baylor University Spiritual Center organized a community prayer for the Uvalde victims, earlier Friday afternoon.
- Memorial day was originally called decoration day.
- The F14 featured in “Top Gun,” can be seen displayed on the deck of the USS Lexington.
- Answering a phone call from a telemarketer does not take you off the do not call registry.
- NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope captured an image of a galaxy(dubbed NGC 474) that’s twice the size of the Milky Way, 100 million light-years from Earth.
- Sixty-Seven years after beginning her coursework, Betty Sandison, an 84-year-old woman, walked across the University of Minnesota’s commencement stage to receive her bachelor’s degree.
- Arif Bagirov, 45, a Ukrainian man, managed to flee the heavily-bombed city of Severodonetsk by riding a bicycle 70km (43-mile) to the city of Bakhmut.
- Irish health authorities were alerted to the first case of monkeypox in the Republic of Ireland on Friday evening in the east of the country.